Meet Makers Doing Innovative Things with Circuits and Electrical Flow!
Open Make @ The Tech: Flow
Saturday, April 26, 2014
Flow Maker Showcase 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.*
The Tech Studio and lower level
Free with museum admission
First come, first served
Featured Flow Maker Innovations and Programs:
- The Grid: Experiment with a massive gaming platform created by Young Makers for Flow Free and other games.
- LightUp: Meet LightUp founders and play with their electronic building blocks and virtual reality tutor to “see” the electricity flowing through your circuits.
- STEAM Dojo: Make conductive paper planes with Makers from Benesse and AgIC.
- Anthrolume: Interact with this programmable light suit that responds to sound.
- OpenLab Spastic Robots: Tear into consumer electronics and repurpose the parts for making with OpenLab Maker, Wes Modes. Create robots, kinetic art, and DIY toys from the cast-offs of consumer society..
- Electropocalypse: Help Tesla save the world in this app created to teach the basics of electricity, and meet the game developer.
- Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories: Make circuit-based connections with help from everyone’s favorite mad scientists.
- 21st Century Notebooking: Explore paper circuitry with Makers from NEXMAP and MIT Media Lab High-Low Tech.
- Google Glass: Meet Glass Explorers and try out Glass, the ultimate tool for Makers that allows you to document while you make without stopping your creative flow.
- The Tech’s Flow Favorites: We will also feature Switch It Up! with Maker Corps members, Arduino Workshops with Makers from The Tech, MIDI MusicBox Hands-On Science Workshop, and our new REBOOT:music exhibition.
Learn more about featured innovations and programs.
Meet the Makers 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
A select group of Makers will take the stage to share their innovations and passions for making with electrical flow. A Q&A session moderated by Rick Schertle, Make Magazine contributor, will follow. Learn more.
*Makers in Meet the Makers talks will showcase until 12:00 p.m.
Young Makers Plussing Session 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
An opportunity for registered Young Makers working on a project for Maker Faire on Saturday & Sunday, May 17 – 18, to share their progress with other participants. The Tech will be at Maker Faire again this year. We will be working on our project too!
If you have questions regarding Open Make @ The Tech: Flow, please contact The Tech at
1-408-294-8324 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We really hope you can get into the flow with us this Saturday!