OpenLab is hosting FOUR collaborative research groups to Create, Discover and Invent new projects of ART and SCIENCE exploration!
Jonathan Fortney, Astrophysics Faculty
Eric Lopez, Astrophysics Graduate Student
Caroline Morley, Astrophysics Graduate Student
Kyle Mckinley, DANM Research Associate
John Peters, Games and Playable Media
Enrico Ramirez-Ruiz, Astrophysics Faculty
James Guillochon, Astrophysics Graduate Student
Jolie Ruelle, DANM Graduate Student/Summer Art Lecturer
Drew Detweiler, DANM Research Associate
Nina Mccurdy, Astrophysics Research Associate
Raja Guhathakurta, Astrophysics Faculty
Claire Dorman, Astrophysics Graduate Student
Nathan Kandus, Art & Physics Lab
Lyes Belhocine, DANM Research Associate
Anahi Caldu Primo, Astrophysics Research Associate
Erik Asphaug, Astrophysics Faculty
Jennifer Parker, DANM/Art Faculty
Naor Movshovitz, Astrophysics Graduate Student
Sudu Terwari, DANM/Music Graduate student
Kayla Vuong, TASC Undergraduate CS/Engineering
OpenLab Summer Objectives
– Explore the concept of learning by doing through material and visual explorations of data.
– Participate in visualization workshops for 3D Data Rendering /Animation and learning Creative Coding
– Explain concepts through visual and tangible tools, where people can actually touch, explore, watch and play with information.
– Build compelling experiences synthesizing scientific research with art and technology.
– Cultivate community participation and develop educational outreach opportunities.
– Support new areas of research and discovery by opening our minds, labs and studios to one another at UCSC.
– Create works for an OpenLab Art + Education Exhibition that will open in the Fall (9/12-10/17) in the DARC LightLab.